Friday, March 2, 2012

Rock climbing


I went to a rock climbing gym with my friend. I did not know that there is such a kind of gym. I never heard about it in Japan. Is it popular in the US? Have you ever tried it?

It was my first time rock climbing. My friend invited me and I was willing to do it. I like to try new things. When I entered the gym, I was astounded. There were huge walls in front of my eyes. I was excited, but also nervous. Can I really do it??

I had to take a training session from the staff. It took about an hour. I learned many safety issues like how to tie the ropes and how to hold the ropes when your partner is climbing. It was quite confusing for me. But it was important to avoid dropping my friend from a high place of the wall, lol.

Finally, I was allowed to climb the wall. I had no idea how high I would be able to climb up. But it was easier than I thought. I climbed to the top of the wall! it was the beginners course, though. I was so excited. Then, I saw my friend on the floor. I became a bit scared. I realized how high it was. But I did it!

I was tired and I had pain in my arms after climbing just two times...

I had a really good experience and it was a lot of fun. I want to do it again. And I want to keep trying new things. It's great!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I love Planet Rock! I go there all the time; I'm glad you had fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You like it? Great! I really enjoyed it. I am sad I have not gone there since then. But I definitely would like to go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Colorado, Mizuho, so there is a lot of rock climbing here. Not only in the mountains, but in the gyms and in the outdoors stores, too.

    When I first came here, about twenty years ago, I was impressed with how young people are when they start climbing. It seemed to me that almost every young person was an experienced climber.

    Once, some friends took me climbing. But my old muscles were not flexible enough! I got about fifty feet up and then encountered a ledge I could not make my legs get up and over. So I hung there for a while to enjoy the view. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! You enjoyed the climbing and seeing the nice view.
      I have never been to Colorado, but I guess it really good place. I would love to visit there sometime!

      Thanks:)

      Delete
  4. Yay for new things! Have you done anything new lately? :)

    ReplyDelete